CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Update on Brett

Yesterday Brett had a Dr's appt. to check out his incision. It has been crazy, his incision hasn't been healing on the outside in a few spots. So yesterdays appt. we found out they are finally looking closed. YEAH! We also had them x-ray his hand and saw that it looks like he had a small hair line fracture that was healing ok. I don't know how he could have even gotten up if he would have had a cast on it. But it is ok, just aches once in a while when he uses it to much. They also got him a Muscle contractor thing that works on his muscles. He has lost so much in his leg we are getting worried, he has to use that on his quad muscle and see if he can get it working a little before physical therapy starts. Which if everything still looks good in 2 weeks then he will start. I don't think I want to be there for that. I think it will be very painful;(
Sunday we had our Home teacher and the Elders Q. President come give him a priesthood blessing, he has perked up a little and seems to be feeling a ton better, the incision looks a lot better. They also helped Brett give me a Priesthood Blessing of comfort. I have been so overwhelmed and really needed it and I know that with the Lords help I can get through this ordeal, I have just had a lot weighing on me since he has been laid up I felt like I am doing it alone. Now I feel like I have help. I can feel the help of the spirit and I am more calm and collected. It is hard when you are the only one that can drive and get people places. I got Brett to try to drive Connor to his game on Saturday, by himself. He did ok, but someone has to help him get in and out of the car. So he is just not ready yet to do it on his own. I think once we find a car that he will fit in, it will be easier.
To make it all even better he also found out on the the day of his accident that he has a hyrnia on the right side, they didn't think it was caused by the accident, so now he will see a surgeon in 2 wks to see what we need to do, or how bad it is.

He has 5 classes left to graduate. 1 is Business Statistics and 1 Brief Calculus. The last 3 are the last business classes and luck has it each is a pre rec. to the other so he can only take 1 at a time? So he has taken the stats class twice at USU only to not pass, because he doesn't understand and USU teachers don't care to help you. So he registered at SLCC this semester to take the STATS class and once he passes that one he can take the calculus and one of the bus classes this summer. Then fall and Spring of next year he will have 1 class each semester and he should be able to graduate in the spring of 2012! Just a year before his Daughter graduates from High School. SO CRAZY! Anyway so we are finally seeing an end in sight. And we are going to have a huge party when this is all over with;)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Carrie--You are quite the blogging machine! Loved reading all your updates and catching up with your family.