This Fall was very stressful for Brett and I. As some of you know he is still trying to finish his Degree at USU in Business. Usually he has 1-2 classes because to much is just overwhelming for him. (US) We decided that in order for the pell grant to pay for it all this fall semester he had to take 12 credits so we didn't have to take out another student loan. That and he only has 5 classes left after this semester. Meanwhile he has a job in Salt Lake (we live in Cache Valley), travels for work every other month to Missouri and still has a wife and 6 kids;) at home. I haven't been able to work because he usually stays in SL a couple + nights of the week so I do all that needs to done at home. Which the kids have suffered in there school work because they all need help, but I can only help one at a time. Plus everything that goes with housework and just being a Mom. Needless to say we didn't see him much. Well this particular Semester. He has had to retake a few classes, Math is not his strong areas! I felt like I could probably help him, I was very wrong. So he hurried and finished up one class since it was online and he had 3 more, 2 business classes and Math 1050 so he kept caught up on the 2 business classes and we were getting down to the last 4 weeks he needed to get the Math class done. We were stressing, he went up to the Math Lab at USU, that was a joke, along with 50 other students needing help, he didn't get anywhere... I started asking around for help, we didn't know what to do so my brother in law Jeff was here for Thanksgiving and he helped him go over one quiz and helped, but he had to go home. Then I thought his Brother just graduated from Pharmacy school, he has got to know something. So I asked him, if there was anyway he could help him and if he could stay at there house to get help. Long story short, Eric helped him night after night and when they were to the last quiz, Eric was stumped and we were at my Family Christmas Party, and I was talking with my cousin Mark and he said Kelli his wife was a Math tutor and teacher....YEAH!! So Brett called and met up with her one night and she knew how to do the last few problems and they finished the quiz and He took the last 2 tests and the Final on the last day! A special THANKS to them and their Families he passed with a "A" talk about a esteem boost... next is STATS and BUS Calculus that he needs to pass to take the last 3 classes, so watch out. cuz we are going to need more help!
So back to the stressful things, we have tried to sell our house on and off for the past 2 years. For this reason, he can be closer to work, I will be less stressed out, he can be home and get school done. So this poor guy doesn't have to drive 3 hrs a day just to come home. WE don't know why it just hasn't happened... We don't know? So for those of you who ask why haven't they moved closer are they dumb or something. No we are not, it is just not happening for us right now.
A Day in the Life of Ady
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment